Do you have a smoke alarm in YOUR home?
Smoke alarms in YOUR home can help save YOUR life and the lives of your loved ones. Smoke alarms allow you to get out of your home or building in time, in case of a fire.
- It is important that your smoke alarm is located inside of your room and outside, too. You want to be able to hear the alarms in case of an emergency.
- If you live in a big home, be sure to install more than one alarm. You want to be sure that everyone in your home is able to hear it, so that they can get to safety in case of an emergency. Make sure to perform the home safety check prior to moving in!
- Be sure to replace your home’s smoke alarms every ten years to ensure they work properly.
- If you or anyone in your family is hard of hearing you can install special smoke alarms that have strobe lights and bed shakers.
- If you are unsure if your smoke alarm is properly installed, you can always call your local fire station and they can inspect your fire alarm to ensure it is working properly
(National Fire Protection Association, 2016)